{Life} Resolving to Resolve in 2013

I typically don't make New Year's Resolutions because I very rarely complete them; and when the year comes to an end, there's this whole self-loathing process that happens.

Anyway, this year I have decided to make a few - very reasonable - resolutions.  I've also decided to write them down, as statistics / research / something I read noted this helps you 'reach your goals'.

Well, here they are...

  1.  Read 5 Books*
     
       a.  Classic
       b.  Biography
       c.  Marketing
       d.  Fashion
       e.  One of my choosing!

*Any book suggestions are greatly appreciated!

  
  2.  Blog - 2 to 3x per week

I really hope to hold myself accountable on this one as I enjoy writing, photography, DIY-ing, etc. as a creative outlet.

  
  3.  Decrease My TV Consumption

Not sure if I want to set a time limit on my TV consumption, but I feel it's getting out of hand.  I'm spending more time with NeNe Leakes than I am with my husband - and for THAT I need to relinquish the remote!

Less time spent in front of the TV means - more time blogging, playing with my dog, learning how to cook, listening to Ella and her Fellas on my record player, exercising or just having an all around more productive life.


  4.  Side Hustle

With all of this newly found free-time, it's time to make a little extra cash on the side.  My idea is to take up freelance Copywriting, but I'm open to all (legal) suggestions.


  5.  125

The weight I'd like to be.  Yes, of course, no New Year's Resolution list is complete without the overly-used-cliche-weight-loss-goal.  So there she is folks....my target weight....enough said.


These are the 5 things I'm determined to do this year - so I don't self-loathe in December.  I plan to check-in with an update on my "Resolution Progress" in June to hold myself accountable and hopefully curb my procrastination.  Hope your New Year is off to a wonderful start!  What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?

{Side Note} The picture above is of our home's chalkboard (which we made).  My husband asked me to fill in the blanks....and while it doesn't entirely make sense (the wording is a bit off) those are the three things in 2013 I'm most excited about.  Our faith, our little family and fashion (fishing's his thing!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you're back in 2013. I have a suggestion as to a "classic" book to read - if you haven't already done so, try "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. Yeah, I know I know, it's all that jazz, etc. boring, whatever. But try it. If you want an incentive, I highly recommend watching several different versions of the novel as it was traenslated to film. The first and probably the most funnest (word?) one was done in like 1942 or 1943 in black and white, starring Greer Garson as Elizabeth Benet and Laurence Olivier as Darcy. Costumes are totally wrong, era is totally wrong, but they did catch the essence of the film over-all and it's just a really fun watch. Next, watch the BBC version that my roommmate Connie and I just died for waiting for it to come on every week back in the late 1970's, no lie, LOL! The absolutely best version EVAH done was the A&E series staring Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth and Colin Ever-So-Forever-Hunky-Dude-In-My-Mind Firth as Darcy. YUM! Then read the novel and enjoy all the stuff that wasn't put in. For a biography, I highly recommend either one on Queen Elizabeth I or Eleanor of Acquitaine (she was Richard the Lionheart's mom and also the "evil" King John's mom). Great reads and such excellent women! We need more like them around today.

    ReplyDelete